Thursday, June 27, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

It has been a stormy Thursday, so good for the farmers and gardens.  Our house has weathered 130 years of storms. 

I am closing in on a full year since working full time, outside the home.  There are things I miss and things I don't, but seeing what a sponge my little boy is makes me think hard.


A relative regifted me this quilt when I graduated from Notre Dame.  The bright blue never went with any of my bedroom schemes, so I used it inside a duvet or with the plain backing side up- a matelasse  sort of effect.  I wa originally going to rebind it, but realized I had enough scraps to appliqué over the blue.  I have about 30 hours of work to finish it.

I am also expanding what was a twin hand pieced duvet into a queen.  
It's slow going- I haven't done much sewing since I learned to knit in 2008.



We made pizza on the grill this week.  Everyone had their own pizza, which also made them easier to turn and saved me from the simultaneity of someone moaning about olives and somebody eating them.  Win, win, win!







round button chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment